If you want to take a look at what you are being reimbursed for a particular CPT/HCPCS code across all of your payers, DrChrono offers a report that makes this a breeze!
- Navigate to Billing > Product Procedure.
- Once the report opens, you will have several options:
- Professional, Institutional, or All Claims (institutional will only appear if your account is set up for institutional billing)
- By specific CPT, HCPCS, or Custom Code
- By Service or Procedure posted date
- Or a date range
The system will default to all claims (or your type of claim if you only use 1 type), Service Date, and a date range of 3 months starting with the day you are requesting the report and the previous 3 months. You can update any/all of these filters as needed.
This is how the report will look. This front page will give you the CPT/HCPCS/Custom Code on the left, a description of the code, the total number of units/times it has been billed during the time period specified, the total charge, and the total payment from the insurer and patient (not listed in this screenshot, but will appear when you pull up in the system).
To see the breakdown of which payer paid what for each CPT, just click on the blue CPT/HCPCS code.
(The patient names listed above are samples, not real patient names.)
From here, you can either view online, or export it to excel where you can sort and review in greater detail.