If an inbound fax arrives that either requires a signature or should be copied to the patient's documents, you may use the EHR app to sign inbound faxes and copy files to your patient documents.
1. Access the message center on your EHR/EMR application by selecting Messages in your mobile app's navigation bar.
2. In your message center, find the fax that you would like to sign and select the Copy to Patient Record button.
3. When you select Copy to Patient Record, you will be presented with the ability to:
- Select a patient
- Add a title for the document,
- Add document tags,
- Sign the document.
To sign the fax, select Sign to the right of the page.
4. Click on the () icon to open the signature box.
If you have a signature saved in DrChrono it will appear on the top. Simply tap it to insert. You can click Edit Signature to add a signature.
5. Once the signature is added, you can drag the signature box to the desired location. You can also expand or contract the box with the ( ) tool. Tap Save when finished and your signature will be added to the document
Note: You can also tap Draw to add a signature. However, it will not contain the printed name, date and time, at the bottom of the signature field.
6. After you finish signing the document, fill out the rest of the form then select Save.
Your document will be saved to the patient's record. You can access your patient's record by selecting 'Patient History' on your patient's navigation menu.