EPCS Requirements in DrChrono
DrChrono EHR supports the prescription of controlled substances within its e-Rx feature. Before prescribing controlled substances, several requirements must be met. DrChrono does not support e-prescribing outside of the United States.
- Registration with the DEA to provide controlled substances and satisfy all prerequisites found here, as needed: Prerequisite Registrations Needed for EPCS.
- Identifying information to pass a Level of Assurance 3 (LOA 3) ID proofing check provided ID.me.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- DEA Number
- NPI Number
- Mobile Phone Number
- Satisfy the system requirements for DrChrono, found here: EPCS System Requirements
- You must also own a mobile device capable of installing the ID.me Authenticator app available on iOS and Android.
- You must be on a paid Hippocrates, Apollo, or Apollo Plus DrChrono account with the EPCS add-on. Apollo Plus accounts have the EPCS feature included. To add EPCS to your account, contact your account manager or email email@example.com.
- You must be on a provider account. Nursing and scheduling staff members cannot prescribe controlled substances.
- You must have completed the e-Rx setup process prior to setting up EPCS. To set up e-Rx, please visit our guide found here: Setting Up eRx with ID.me.
- You must have 2-Factor Authentication enabled in your account. To enable 2-Factor Authentication, please visit our guide here: How do I set up 2-Factor Authentication in my account?
- You must have filled out all e-prescribing identifier information in your DrChrono account settings shown below.