EPCS Requirements in DrChrono
The DrChrono EHR supports the prescription of controlled substances within its e-Rx feature. Before prescribing controlled substances, several requirements must be met. DrChrono does not support e-prescribing outside of the United States.
- Registration with the DEA to provide controlled substances and satisfy all prerequisites found here, as needed: Prerequisite Registrations Needed for EPCS.
- Identifying information to pass a Level of Assurance 3 (LOA 3) ID proofing check provided by Symantec/Norton Corporation.
- Name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number
- DEA Number
- NPI Number
- State License Number
- Credit Card Number (Used for a credit check to cross-check your identifying information. Your credit card number will not be stored. Your credit score will not be affected.)
- Address and Phone Number. This phone number must be the number associated with your address in your credit profile.
- Answers to a personal knowledge questionnaire based on your credit profile, including information on your bank accounts, past mortgages, home and automobile purchases.
- Satisfy the system requirements for DrChrono, found here: EPCS System Requirements
- You must also own a mobile device capable of installing the DUO Mobile app available on iOS and Android.
- You must be on a paid Hippocrates, Apollo, or Apollo Plus DrChrono account with the EPCS add-on. Apollo Plus accounts have the EPCS feature included. To add EPCS to your account, contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be on a provider account. Nursing and scheduling staff members cannot prescribe controlled substances.
- You must have completed the e-Rx setup process prior to setting up EPCS. To set up e-Rx, please visit our guide found here: Getting Started: Setting Up e-Rx.
- You must have 2-Factor Authentication enabled in your account. To enable 2-Factor Authentication, please visit our guide here: How do I set up 2-Factor Authentication in my account?
- You must have filled out all e-prescribing identifier information in your DrChrono account settings shown below.