In DrChrono, patients can have an unallocated payment amount on their account. These would be payments posted to their account but are not attached to a particular appointment. These payments would be prepayments for service and could be utilized for any appointment; past, present, or future.
Here is how you can run a report to see all patients with unallocated payments.
- Navigate to Billing > Patient Payments 2.0
- Select the Balance tab
- Enter the dollar range that you would like to see. If you would like to see all unallocated payments, you can enter 1 in the from box and leave the to box empty. Once you have selected your dollar range, click on Update.
- If you would like to export the report, click the Export to File button.
- When the report has been generated, it will appear in the message center (envelope icon at the top right of the page).
- Click Generated Sheet: Patient Payments under Incoming Messages. There you will have the option to save to the patient's chart or download the document.