Commonly this rejection OTHER PAYER INSURANCE TYPE CODE: REQUIRICARE SECONDARY CLAIMS (Secondary) will appear only when Medicare is entered as secondary insurance for the patient. Generally, whenever Medicare is applied as secondary insurance for a patient, we need to mention the reason why Medicare is so.
In order to fix the rejection and to specify the reason why Medicare is secondary, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Open the patient's chart.
2. Click on the insurances tab.
3. Click on Secondary insurance.
4. Select the appropriate reason from the **Secondary insurance type code**
5. Save the Demographics.
6. Once the changes are saved, please resubmit the claim.