Commonly this rejection OTHER PAYER INSURANCE TYPE CODE: REQUIRICARE SECONDARY CLAIMS (Secondary) will appear only when Medicare is entered as a secondary insurance for the patient. Generally, whenever Medicare is applied as a secondary insurance for a patient, we need to mention the reason as to why Medicare it is so.
In order to fix the rejection and to specify the reason as to why Medicare is secondary, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Open the patient's chart.
2. Click on the insurances tab.
3. Click on Secondary insurance.
4. Select the appropriate reason from the **Secondary insurance type code**
5. Save the Demographics.
6. Once the changes are saved, please resubmit the claim.