DrChrono has partnered with Iron Bridge to help connect our primary care and immunizing providers to all state immunization registries with one integration. Through this partnership, our customers will be able to easily and quickly connect to their practice’s state registry to submit applied and historical vaccine data as well as query for the below to meet MIPS and state reporting requirements.
- patient forecast (what immunizations are upcoming or due for a patient)
- immunization history (what immunization have been applied to the patient)
Viewing Patient History and Forecast
1. From the Immunizations tab of the patient's chart click the "History & Forecast" button. This will start the process to retrieve the patient’s immunization history and forecast data from the Immunization Information Systems ( IIS ) Registry.
2. Validate that the patient has all required patient demographic fields to submit a request.
If the patient does not have all required demographic fields, an alert will appear regarding which patient demographic fields are missing information.
Required Patient Demographic Fields
Date of Birth
Address Line 1 (Use Street Address)
- MRN (Immunization Profile ID Number )
To view the Profile ID Number click Jump To button > select IIS Publicity Profile > ID Number.
3. Pick the applicable office location to submit the History and Forecast request from, then click Search.
If there are no offices enrolled/linked with the state registry via Iron Bridge an error message will appear: "There are no offices enrolled with a state registry at this time. Please enroll an office to continue this reconciliation."
4. Once the request has been initiated, the user will receive the following responses based on the patient demographics that were entered.
- Success = There is a one to one match with the patient from DrChrono and the Immunization Registry.
- No match = This occurs when the patient demographics do not match any of the patients in the IIS Registry.
- Too many patients match = This occurs when the patient demographics match with more than one patient in the IIS Registry.
From the patient's chart > Immunizations section > Step 3. Record Vaccinations.
Users will have an option to Save or Save & Sync to Registry.
- Save = The vaccine information entered will be saved to the DrChrono patient chart, but not sent to the IIS.
- Save & Sync to Registry = The vaccine information will be saved to the patient record and this information will be sent to the IIS immediately in real time.
- Users will be able to view which vaccinations were sent to the registry or saved via the "Step 1: Select Vaccines" tab under the Registry Sync column.
- For vaccinations that were Saved , there will be a sync icon to provide the option to Save & Sync to Registry
Save & Sync to Registry
When a user clicks on the Save & Sync to Registry button, all vaccines that were not previously sent to the state registry and are after the indicated vaccine threshold date will now be submitted. If there was an error with the vaccine submission, the user may view the full error message in their message center.
Vaccine threshold date: The provider can contact support to change the date if needed.
Beta users can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registry Status Column
From the patient's chart > Immunizations section > Step 1. Select Vaccines.
Sent to Registry = vaccine data entered in the DrChrono system first and was sent to the IIS successfully.
- Saved locally = vaccine data is only saved/entered in the DrChrono system and was not sent to the IIS yet