Historical insurance information may be used to bill correctly for previous appointments. Appointments are automatically associated with the insurance that was active on the date of service.
NOTE: When you edit a patient's current insurance information, the old information is NOT automatically archived. You must first archive the current information, then edit the information for it to save in the patient's insurance history.
Please follow the below instruction to save the patient's previous insurance information to their insurance history section:
1. Hover over the Patient and choose Patient List
2. Search for the patient's chart by entering the Patient name or Chart ID in the Patient search field.
3. In the patient demographics, click on the Insurance section and then click on Manage Alternative Insurances & History.
4. In the Insurance history section, click on + History to add the previous insurance to the history section. With the effective dates listed as Start date/End date, any appointment that needs to be submitted that falls within that range, will submit with the previous insurance information, not what is listed as the patient's current insurance.
5. Additional previous insurance information can be added to the history section by using the + Primary Ins, + Secondary Ins, + Auto Accident Ins, + Worker's Comp Ins & + DME Ins buttons.