Please keep in mind that all emails sent through DrChrono are not HIPAA compliant. If you wish to send an email that fits within the HIPAA guidelines please use the Onpatient email portal.
1. Go to Patients > Send Email
2. Write out your email. The section on the right gives you a preview of the email.
3. DrChrono allows you to send your emails to individual patients, patient groups, or all of your patients.
a. To send your email to individual patients type in the patient name in the search bar and select the desired patient.
b. To send your email to a Patient Group type in the Patient Group name and select the desired group.
c. To send your email to all of your patients check the "Send to All Patients" box. An email copy can also be sent to the provider by checking, "Send Copy to Doctor".
4. After you've written your email and selected who you want the email sent to hit the blue "Send Message" button. DrChrono will ask you to confirm your message. Hit "OK" to send your message.
5. An "Email Sent" pop up window will appear, confirming that your email has been sent. A copy of that email will also be sent to the provider's email address that is associated with their DrChrono Account. You have now completed composing and sending an email to your patient(s).