Generate and transmit permissible prescriptions electronically (eRx)
Send prescriptions electronically using drchrono's eRx functionality!
More than 40% of all permissible prescriptions written by the EP are transmitted electronically using certified EHR technology
1. Any EP who writes fewer than 100 prescriptions during the EHR reporting period.
2. Any EP who does not have a pharmacy within their organization and there are no pharmacies that accept electronic prescriptions within 10 miles of the EP's practice location at the start of his/her EHR reporting period
For additional information on Core Measure 4: e-Prescribing click here.
How to (iPad):
1. Select a patient, click the 3 bar icon on the top right of the screen, and select "New eRx"
2. Enter the medication information and click "Preview eRx"
3. Click "Send eRx" to electronically submit the prescription, or hold down on "Send eRx" to e-submit, print, or fax.
How to (website):
1. Open up a patient's chart from Patient Lists or use the spotlight search:
2. Open up the "Send eRx" section to fill out an e-prescription for this patient:
3. On the same screen, after filling out necessary information about the medication, you can search for a pharmacy, set a pharmacy as a patient default, and designate specific pharmacies as favorites. Select "Preview Prescription"
4. From here, you are able to Edit, Send, Print, or Fax the prescription to complete the eRx process: