Maintain active problem list.
To meet this measure, you have to maintain a list of medications that a patient is currently taking.
More than 80 percent of all unique patients seen by the EP have at least one entry (or an indication that the patient is not currently prescribed any medication) recorded as structured data.
- DENOMINATOR: Number of unique patients seen by the EP during the HER reporting period.
- NUMERATOR: Number of patients in the denominator who have a medication (or an indication that the patient is not currently prescribed any medication) recorded as structured data.
There are no exclusions.
For additional information from the CMS regarding Core 5: Active Medication List click here.
How to (iPad):
1. Select a patient and click "Patient Chart"
2. Under the Visit or the Patient tab, open up the "Medications & Allergies" section. Either click the + sign to add a new medication or NKM to indicate no known active medications.
How to (website):
1. Open up a patient's chart from Patient Lists or use the spotlight search:
2. Navigate to the medication list and select the switch for "Patient has No Known Medications" or the "+New Medication" button:
Note: Whenever you send a new eRx from the website, make sure "Add to Medication List" is checked to ensure any prescriptions are also reflected in the Active Medication List: