DrChrono offers you a quick and easy way to send patient referrals to other doctors. Follow the steps below to get started on sending out a referral.
1. Go to your Message center by clicking the envelope button on the far right corner.
2. This will bring you to your messages center menu. On the left side of the screen, there is a menu with several different options. Go to Outbound Referrals in this menu.
3. Click on the green New Referral button.
Note: You can also send a referral by going to Patients > Send Referral or by going to the patient's chart and selecting New Referral.
4. This will bring you to a list of your recently seen patients. You can select a patient from this list or search for the desired patient in the search bar located in the upper right corner.
5. Once you select the patient you wish to make a referral for, you will be taken to a page to fill out the referral information. Fill out the To: section with the information of who you are sending the referral to. If you already have the contact in your DrChrono account, you can select them from the dropdown. If the contact is not in your account, you will be prompted to create a new one.
Next, if needed, fill out the Instructions, Reason for Referral, and any relevant Codes.
6. The clinical summary will be included by default. You can chose to exclude it, or certain sections of it with the referral by unchecking the boxes.
7. You can select any Lab Orders, Locked Clinical Notes, and Uploaded Documents to include in the referral.
8. Once you have all of the information and documentation for your referral, you have the option to sign your referral. You can save your signature for future referrals by checking the box next to Save Signature.
You can click Preview to see the referral. You can also download and print it after clicking Preview.
You can send the referral by clicking the Fax button.
9. Once the referral has been sent, you can see it under the Outbound Referrals section from step 2.