DrChrono offers you a quick and easy way to send patient referrals to other doctors. Follow the steps below to get started on sending out a referral.
1. Go to your Message center by clicking the envelope button on the far right corner.
2. This will bring you to your messages menu. On the left side of the screen, there is a menu with several different options. Go to "Outbound Referrals" in this menu.
3. Click on the green "New Referral" button.
4. This will bring you to a list of your recently seen patients. You can select a patient from this list or search for the desired patient in the search bar located in the upper right corner.
5. Once you select the patient you wish to make a referral for, you will be taken to a page to fill out the referral information.
6. Once the desired information has been filled out you can either preview the referral or send the referral by clicking the appropriate button on the bottom of the page.
7. Once the fax has been sent you will be redirected to a new page that shows you the fax that has been sent.
The doctor receiving the referral will need to open the link on the fax page and then enter the security code provided within the fax.
Once the security code is filled out the doctor will have access to the referral.