Capability to submit electronic data to immunization registries or immunization information systems except where prohibited, and in accordance with applicable law and practice.
Successful ongoing submission of electronic immunization data from CEHRT to an immunization registry or immunization information system for the entire EHR reporting period.
The eligible professional must attest YES to meeting one of the following criteria under the umbrella of ongoing submission.
- Ongoing submission was already achieved for an EHR reporting period in a prior year and continues throughout the current EHR reporting period using either the current standard at 45 CFR 170.314(f)(1) and (f)(2), or the standards included in the 2011 edition EHR certification criteria adopted by ONC during the prior EHR reporting period when ongoing submission was achieved.
- Registration with the PHA or other body to whom the information is being submitted of intent to initiate ongoing submission was made by the deadline (within 60 days of the start of the EHR reporting period) and ongoing submission was achieved.
- Registration of intent to initiate ongoing submission was made by the deadline and the eligible professional, or hospital is still engaged in testing and validation of ongoing electronic submission.
- Registration of intent to initiate ongoing submission was made by the deadline and the eligible professional, or hospital is awaiting invitation to begin testing and validation.
Any eligible professional that meets one or more of the following criteria may be excluded from this objective:
- Does not administer any of the immunizations to any of the populations for which data is collected by their jurisdiction's immunizations registry or immunization information system during the EHR reporting period.
- Operates in a jurisdiction for which no immunization registry or immunization information system is capable of accepting the specific standards required for the CEHRT at the start of their EHR reporting period.
- Operates in a jurisdiction where no immunization registry or immunization information system provides information timely on capability to receive immunization data; or
- Operates in a jurisdiction for which no immunization registry or immunization information system that is capable of accepting the specific standards required by CEHRT at the start of their EHR reporting period can enroll additional eligible professional's
For additional information from the CMS regarding Core 16: Immunization Registries Data Submission click here.
PLEASE NOTE: drchrono offers you a way to export out a patients immunizations to a file you can then send to a registry. It is the providers responsibility to send that file, and to mark the measure as met. This is not a measure calculated by drchrono.
How to (Website)
Step 1.) Search for the patient for whom you want to download the HL7 Immunizations for.
Step 2.) Click on the "Immunizations" tab in the side menu and then on "Download HL7 Immunization Record" button.