Record and chart changes in the following vital signs:
- Height/Length and weight (no age limit)
- Blood pressure (ages 3 and over)
- Calculate and display body mass index (BMI)
- Plot and display growth charts for patients 0 - 20 years old, including BMI
More than 80% of all unique patients seen by the eligible professional have blood pressure (for patients age 3 and over only), and/or height and weight for all ages recorded as structured data.
- DENOMINATOR: Number of unique patients seen by the eligible professional during the EHR reporting period.
- NUMERATOR: Number of patients in the denominator who have at least one entry of their height/length and weight (all ages) and/or blood pressure (ages 3 and over) recorded as structured data.
- THRESHOLD: The resulting percentage must be more than 80% in order for an eligible professional to meet this measure.
Any eligible professional who:
- Does not see patients 3 years or older is excluded from recording blood pressure.
- Believes that all 3 vital signs of height/length, weight, and blood pressure have no relevant to their scope of practice is excluded from recording them.
- Believes that height/length and weight are relevant to their scope of practice, but blood pressure is not, is excluded from recording blood pressure.
- Believes that blood pressure is relevant to their scope of practice, but height/length and weight are not, is excluded from recording height/length and weight.
For additional information from the CMS regarding Core 4: Record Vital Signs click here.
How to (Website)
Step 1.) From the schedule, click to a patients appointment to view details.
Step 2.) Navigate to the "Vitals" tab in the appointment screen.
Step 3.) Once you have entered in the patients vital navigate back to the "Appointment" tab and click "Save & Close" to save Vital information.
How To (iPad)
Step 1.) Select the patient and click on "Patient Chart"
Step 2.) On the top right of the screen click on "Vitals" next to the chief complaint field.
Step 3.) Fill out the Vitals information and click "Save" at the top right of your screen.