Some specialties need to collect information that goes beyond the basics of an every day practice. Custom Patient Demographics allows our users to create as many demographic fields as needed so that our EHR fits your needs.
1. To do this go to Account > Custom Fields
2. Click on "Patient Demographic" on the left menu. This will bring up a list of all your current custom patient demographics.
3. Click on the green "+ Add New Field" button in the righthand corner.
4. Give your custom patient demographic a name such as "Eye Color". This is what will appear on the patient chart. You may also add a description to clarify what information this field is intended to collect.
5. Do you want to able to pull up this demographic information in your templates? Fill out the "Template Name" section. This will allow you to pull up the demographics easily when creating your templates.
6. Click the blue "Save" button.
7. Congratulations, you've created your first custom patient demographic. It should now appear in your list of custom patient demographics. If you need to edit this later click on the blue "Edit" button to the right of the entry. If you decide you want to delete it, click on the red "Archive" button. You can also unarchive entries later if you change your mind.
To see where this new information appears go to the patient list and pull up a patient's chart. Under the patient demographics tab there is a sub-field labeled "Custom Demographics". This is where you can enter the information about your patients.