DrChrono enables you to send reminders to your patients in the form of an email, SMS text message, and/or a phone call. You can see the status of reminders in the appointment window and in the reminder report.
DrChrono also gives you the ability to create custom reminder profiles that you can easily choose from when creating an appointment, click here to learn how to set up a reminder profile. You can also set reminders in the appointment window.
So what constitutes a successfully sent reminder?
DrChrono uses the terms below for reminders:
Delivered = Successfully sent from DrChrono
Verified = Successfully received by the patient’s mobile phone service carrier (AT&T, Verizon, etc)
Phone calls: Our system marks it verified when the receiver picks up and presses 1 when prompted to do so, or a voicemail is left.
SMS Text Messages: Our system marks it verified when the text message is sent to the carrier successfully. Text messages to landlines that don't have SMS cannot be verified.
Emails: Our system marks it as verified when the receiver clicks on the appointment link. Once the receiver loads the images in their email, we know they viewed it.
Confirming Reminders in the Appointment Window
1. Go to Schedule > Calendar.
2. Open an appointment and select the Appointment tab.
- At the bottom of the window, there is a Reminders for This Appointment table. You can see when the reminders were delivered, verified, and if there were any errors.
- If a patient confirms the appointment through a phone call or email reminder their appointment status will automatically update to Confirmed.
Confirming Reminders in the Reminder Report
A reminder report is a powerful tool that gives you the ability to see how many reminders have been successfully sent. You are also given the option to search for specific patients within the time frame of your choosing. This can be useful when a patient says they have not received any reminders.
If the report shows that the reminder(s) was successfully sent, you will want to make sure to confirm with your patient that you have their correct contact information. If you choose an email as a reminder please let your patients know to check their spam folders. Some email providers mark these emails as spam, so they never reach the patient's actual inbox.
1. Go to Reports > Reminder Report.
2. Once you have navigated to the reminder report you can view the reminders sent, appointment information, and status within the date range selected.
- Patient Search allows you to search for reminders for a specific patient.
- You can select a date range or click on Day, Week, Month, or Year to filter your reminders.
- Update Filters will apply your filter changes to the report.
- Clicking on the (), () or ( ) icons will filter the report to only text, email, or phone reminders.