Adding Patient Flags to a Patient
Patient flags are a tool that can be customized to note and report attributes of:
- A patient: Balance unpaid, special care needs, can/cannot receive treatment, needs special paperwork, etc.
- An appointment: Requires follow-up visit, lab results needed, actions required pre or post-appointment, etc.
They can also be used to communicate to your staff the actions or characteristics of a patient or appointment and will appear whenever the patient or appointment is opened. Think of it as a yellow sticky note on a patient's chart.
Flags also may be used to generate reports, which can give you insights into your patients and/or appointments.
1. To add a patient flag to a patient, first, bring up the patient's chart by going to Patients > Patient List or searching for the patient.
2. Ensure Demographics is selected on the left. Navigate to the Flags tab and select +Add Flag.
3. To add a few flags, use the dropdown menu to select from your existing flags. You can just add a description, but it isn't required. This description will display in the patient flag as unbolded text. When complete, select Save or Save and Add Another.
4. The flag will be added to your patient's list of flags which will be displayed on the patient's chart and all appointments the patient schedules. Click Save Demographics when finished.