If you've received a paper explanation of benefits (EOB) from an insurance payer, the best practice is to scan the document and add it to your DrChrono account. The image will be available to answer any questions either the office or the patient has about the adjudication of the claim. It can be viewed or printed as necessary.
Here is how you can attach a paper EOB to your account:
1. Please log in to your DrChrono account.
2. Hover your cursor over the Billing tab and choose Remittance reports from the drop-down menu:
3. Select the green Add EOB button:
4. Enter in the required information to the fields given:
5. Once you have entered the required information, including uploading the scanned image, select the blue Add EOB at the bottom right of the window.
That's it! When the payment is posted to the patient's account, a magnifying glass will appear next to the check/trace number. Clicking on the magnifying glass will pull up an image of the explanation of benefits (EOB). It can be viewed or printed right from the Live Claims Feed.