Creating patient reminders is easy but it requires two separate steps. Creating the reminder profile and then applying the reminder profile to the patient.
Creating Reminder Profiles
1. Hover over the "Schedule" tab and click "Reminder Profiles"
2. To create a new profile from scratch, click the grey "+ New Profile" button
3. Enter a name in "New Profile Name"
4. To add new reminders click the green "+ New Reminder" button
5. This will create a new entry that you can edit.
Type of Reminder: You can choose from Email, SMS, Auto Phone Call. Check your usage tab in Account Settings to see what limits you have for your accounts.
Reminder Intervals: Choose if you want the reminder sent out weeks, days, or hours before the scheduled appointment. After selecting from these three options, make sure to enter a number value so
Before/After: Select whether you want the reminder sent out before or after the scheduled appointment.
6. You can add multiple reminders by clicking the green "+ New Reminder" button until you have all the reminders you want for one profile
7. Once you're done, click the blue "Save Reminder Profile" button
Editing Existing Reminder Profiles & Reminders
1. Select the reminder profile from the drop down menu
2. This will pull up all the reminders associated with the profile. You can edit a reminder, preview a reminder, or delete a reminder entirely
Edit: You can change the time intervals associated with the reminder just by changing the information and clicking save.
If it's an email or SMS reminder, you can add additional text to the original message. Click the "Edit" button to the right of each reminder to add additional text. (If you're interested in changing the text entirely, contact our sales team about using DemandForce)
Preview: Get a look at what your email and SMS reminders will look like by clicking this bottom. Anything you add through the edit button will be added to the bottom of the default reminder.
Delete: You can delete a reminder entirely by clicking the "Delete" button.
Phone Reminders: You can't change or edit the phone reminder that is sent out. If you send out a phone reminder, here is the message that will be played for the customer:
This is an automated appointment reminder from “Provider’s Name”. You have an appointment with “Provider's Name” on “Day, Month, Date, Time”. If you need to reschedule your appointment please call “Office Number”. Please press 1 to confirm this appointment. Please press 2 if you are not a patient of “Provider’s Name”. Please press 3 if you would like to be directly connected to the office of “Provider’s Name”
Applying Reminder Profiles
Now that you've created your reminder profiles, you need to apply them to your patient's appointments. To do this follow these steps:
1. Go to your schedule by clicking Schedule>Calendar
2. Select the patient appointment from the calendar view
3. In the pop up box that appears make sure the "View Active Reminders" box is checked
4. Choose a Reminder Profile from the drop down box
5. This will show you all of the reminders that will be sent out. You can add, delete, or edit reminders from here as well so they are custom to the patient
6. Make sure you Save the appointment once you're done
Reminder Profiles on the iPad
When creating appointments from the EHR app and the Check-In app it will automatically apply the last used reminder profile to the appointment. If you don't want any reminders associated with the appointment, please log into the website and remove the reminders from the appointment.