What happens when you sign and lock a clinical note, but you need to make an adjustment or add information without unlocking it? You can easily add any adjustments or changes through amendments. Amendments are added to the end of the clinical note. The already completed note remains the same, while new information is documented on an additional page attached to the note. This article will show you how to add amendments through the web and mobile systems.
Amendments through the Web.
The first step in adding an amendment is opening the clinical note. You can open it from the schedule or the appointments section of a patients chart. You can also open a clinical note through by going to Clinical > Clinical Notes and using the filters to the find the note you need.
1. Open clinical note you need to add the amendment to.
2. Select View Clinical Note.
3. Click on Amendments.
4. Enter the amendment information in the text box.
5. Select +Add new amendment. The amendment will be added as an additional page to the clinical note.
Add amendments through the iPad EHR app
1. Under the main appointments screen select the patients appointment you want to add an amendment to and select Start Visit and then View Complete Note.
2. Tap the () and select the Amendments button.
3. A pop up screen will appear where you can type in the amendment you want to make. Click on Save. Your amendment will save to the end of the clinical note. If you ever need to see any amendments connected to the patient you can view them under the patient's chart under documents.