Your patients can take pictures of their insurance cards (front and back) right from the DrChrono check-in app.
1. In order to take a picture of the insurance card, the check-in app must be in the onboarding section. Select the patient from the appointment list and tap Start Onboarding.
2. Hand over the iPad so the patient can start filling out their information.
3. There's now a section where the patient can take pictures of their insurance cards. They need to tap the pencil icon () to open the section.
4. Click on each box to take a picture of the front/back first/second insurance card
5. Line up the insurance card with the box on the screen and snap the photo!
6. Click the Save button if the picture looks good.
7. Make sure to get a picture of the back of the insurance card with the same steps as the front.
8. And you're done!
Once the patient has take the pictures, where do we see them on DrChrono EHR web?
You can see these insurance card photos under the Patient Demographics Insurance tab.
Can my patients use their webcam with OnPatient to take a photo of their insurance card?
At this time OnPatient does not have this functionality.
What if I want to have our staff take the photos of the insurance card? Where can they do this?
If you open a Patient Chart in the iPad EHR app and tap on the Patient Information tab, you can take the pictures yourself.