drchrono now allows you to process patient payments through their credit card. You can do this yourself through the drchrono website or allow the patient to pay through onpatient.
In order to turn this feature on, please contact our support team by submitting a ticket here.
DRCHONO'S FEES & SET UP PROCESS
If you are interested in using this payment processing feature, drchrono must first turn it on for your practice. You'll want to reach out to our Sales team (email@example.com) to discuss pricing for this feature. To have this feature enabled, please contact our support team by submitting a ticket here.
We use Stripe's PCI and Encryption technology to protect your financial information. To read more on Stripe's security, please check out this page.
DOES THE PATIENT GET CHARGED THE TRANSACTION FEE?
No. The transaction fee that you will see when processing payments does not get charged to the patient. It will not show up on their invoices. These are the fees that are taken out of the original transaction and will vary based on your plan.
HOW LONG UNTIL THE PATIENT PAYMENT SHOWS IN MY BANK ACCOUNT?
Earnings are transferred to your bank account on a 2-day rolling basis
SETTING UP YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Once you have the feature activated you need to enter your bank account information so that drchrono can deposit the payments directly into your account. If you do not enter your bank account information, this feature will not work.
1. Go to Account > Settings
2. Click on the "Services" tab
3. Enter your Bank Account information
GENERATING STATEMENTS FOR ONPATIENT PAYMENTS
Once you have your bank information set up you can now generate statements that will appear in onpatient for the patient to pay via their credit card. If you don't generate a statement, the patient will not be able to see their bill on the onpatient side.
1. Go to Billing > Patient Statements
2. Select the patient you want to generate the statement for. You may need to search for the patient.
3. Click the green "Actions" button and then select "Print PDF".
4. A statement will appear in your Message Center as well as the patient's onpatient Billing area.
PAYING THROUGH ONPATIENT
Once the statement has been generated, the patient will receive an email alerting them that there is a bill that can be paid online.
1. The patient will log in to onpatient and click "Billing"
2. This will take the patient to their statement page, they'll need to click "Payment Methods" to enter a credit card first.
3. The patient will enter the credit card information and then click "Save Card"
4. Once this is completed, the patient will be returned to the Statements area of the onpatient account
5. The patient is able to either click the "Make a payment" button in the top right corner or "Pay (Amount)" button next to the specific bill
6. Next, the patient will select the doctor, the card, and the amount they want to pay and then click the blue "Pay (Amount)" button.
7. Finally, the patient will click the blue "Confirm" button. Note, if this button is not actioned, the payment will not go complete.
8. Below is an illustration of the payment confirmation screen the patient sees:
Once the patient has paid through onpatient, a list will appear at the bottom of the page labeled "Transaction History" in drchrono. This will show all credit card transactions for this patient. You can chose to print or email the receipt from here as well.
TRANSACTIONS APPEARING ON YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Once the transaction has been processed, it will appear on your bank account as either drchrono or Stripe depending on the bank that you use. This will be the same for all payments, regardless of whether the patient pays through onpatient or you charge the patient's card through their patient file.