You are unable to edit a claim and are receiving an error message that reads “Patient does not have sufficient unallocated payment to apply for this appointment” and the “Patient Unallocated Payment” is negative. This means you have posted more than what was collected from the patient.
To fix this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Click on Billing > Patient Payments.
- Select the “Patient Payments” tab and search for the patient account.
- You will see the payment not listed in the patient payment screen.
- Click on “Payment Log” and you will find the payment was deleted.
- Post a new payment with the same amount in the “Patient Payments” screen, which will allow you to correct/make changes in the appointment.