Utilizing the Patient Analysis Tool
This screen will help you understand how many patients are actively visiting your practice and what type of patients visiting your office.
Active Patients vs Inactive Patients
It will display how many insurance and cash patients are active for a specific date range out of the entire patient list.
1) You can set the date range in the From and To Date.
2) You can enter how many appointments patient should have in the date range to consider them as active.
New Patient vs Established Patient
It will display for each provider, office and exam room how many new patients and established patients are visited and out of that how many patients are self-pay and have insurance.
Patient Analysis has several charts that is generated by tallying attributes of patients. Patient Analysis determines if a patient has the following attributes:
- Active/Inactive: Payment Analysis pulls in appointment quantities within the date range. If the number meets or exceeds the appointment quantity threshold you specify, the patient is determined as active.
- New/Old Patient: New patients are determined with the 'New Patient' checkbox in the new appointment popup or a 99203 CPT code.
- Insured/Self Pay: Determined from the Payment Profile in an appointment.