1. Hover over the Billing tab and select Insurance Set up.
2. If the insurance you need to update is listed, click on the pencil icon on the corresponding line.
3. In the Add/Edit Payer Screen, please follow the instructions given below to enter the Taxonomy codes:
a). Box 24J - Enter the Taxonomy in the Individual provider# field and choose the qualifier as "Taxonomy".
b). Box 33B - Enter the Taxonomy in the Group provider# field and choose the qualifier as "Taxonomy".
c). The Taxonomy code will reflect on the HCFA form in the shaded box.
Once you complete entering the taxonomy code, please click on Save.
4. If the payer you need to update is not listed, you can easily add it so you can add the taxonomy.
- First, please click on the green + Add New Payer in the top right of the page.
- A field will open for you to enter the payer id, or to search by payer name. Once you have selected/entered the payer, you can select either group/rendering NPI and Tax ID/SSN, as applicable for that payer.
- Once entered, click on the blue "save and submit changes to support".
- Once you refresh your browser, you should see the insurance you just added and will be able to add the taxonomy starting with step 2 above.