The Live Claims Feed allows you to see and filter your claims in multiple ways to make them easier to work. Let’s look down each filter and the function it allows:
1. Hover over Billing tab and select Live Claims Feed:
2. Office filter: As the default, all of your offices will be selected when you sign into the Live Claims Feed. You can change this to view only a specific office (or offices) by first clicking on "Select None" on the top left. This will undo the default setting. You can then use the drop down next to each office you would like to view and select All Exam Rooms or specific ones within each office and click on the blue Update Filter:
3. Claim Status filter: Filter the claims by selecting the status (or statuses) that you would like to view > Click on Update Filter. All will be selected as a default, but you can update it by clicking on just the status/statuses you want to view.
4. Billing Status filter: Filter the claims by selecting a specific status or all the statuses > click on Update Filter:
5. Appointment Profiles filter: Pull up the claims by selecting a specific profile or all the profiles > click on Update Filter.
6. TFL Warning check box: Once you update the timely filing period for an insurance under Billing > Insurance Setup screen, you can pull up those insurances claims by placing a check mark on this box. This will help you identify claims that may be close to their timely filing limit so they can be worked/sumitted.
7. Patient search: Pull up the claims for a specific patient by entering the patient name or their chart id in the search field and select from the drop down:
8. Payer Name and Payer ID search: Pull up the claims for specific payer by either entering the payer name in the Payer name field or enter the payer ID in the Payer ID field > click on Update Filter.
9. Date range search: Pull up the claims by entering the desired date range (day/month/year). Our system will show the claims for the last 30 days by default.
10. Clinical note filter: Filter the claims by Locked and Not Locked notes > Update Filter.
11. Open Window in a new tab: Check off this box to open window of appointment and patient in new tab.
12. Batch Status Change: It allows you to change the billing status for your claims in bulk. You can either filter the claims by a patient or specific insurance or date range and check off the box on the left-hand side beside the claim ID to select the claims. Once done, select the billing status from the drop down of what status you would like to move the claims to. The system will give you a pop up and ask you to confirm the move. You will need to type CONFIRM in all caps for the system to move the claims.
13. Export to file: Export a pre-populated field report from the Live Claims Feed. The report will generate and be available to you in the message center.
14. Bulk Print HCFA and Superbill: Click on the small arrow drop down next to “Export to file” button and select from the drop down. You can filter the claims by patient or date range or insurance.
NOTE: You can print up to 50 HCFAs/Superbills at a time.
15. Custom Export: This feature will allow you to select fields to generate on a report. Once you have selected the fields you would like to see, click on Export. The report will generate and be available to you in the message center.
16. Display: Select only the required fields/columns that you want to display in the live claims feed screen.
17. Schedule: Schedule an appointment directly from this screen for your existing patients.
18. You can also sort claims by “Date of service, Billed, Insurance, etc.” by clicking on the blue highlighted column headers. The system will reorder claims based on which field you selected.
19. Patient name: Click on the patient name to go to the demographics screen.
20. Date of service: To edit or work on your claims, click on the “Date of service” which will take you directly to the billing details screen.
21. Billing Details Screen: On the top left-hand side, select the status from the “Billing Status” drop down.
- Example: To bill out your claims, select “Bill Insurance, Bill Secondary, Auto, Workers comp, DME” depending on the payer who needs to receive the claim.
22. Pt Payment (copay): Update or post the patient payment directly from this screen. The payment will reflect automatically in the patient payments screen.
23. Payment Profile: Select the right profile name to reflect the claim balance correctly. Select “Insurance” for patients who have insurance and “Cash” for cash patients.
24. Billing Pick List: Choose the codes from your pick list instead of typing in the codes manually.
25. +EOB: Add/upload the insurance EOB directly from this screen by clicking on the “+EOB” button. Superbill, HCFA/1500 and text: Click on “Print Superbill/HCFA” to print a copy of it.
26. Superbill, HCFA/1500 and text: Click on “Print Superbill/HCFA” to print a copy of it.
27. Print screen: Click on “Print Screen” to print the entire screen which can be used as proof of timely filing.
28. Claim Type: On the top right-hand side, select the claim type as "Re-submission" or "Void claim" to submit a corrected claim or void claim. There is a box to enter the “ID of original claim” to assist the payer in reprocessing/voiding the original claim.
29. EDI Billing note: Check off this box to add additional note in the claim. Any information entered here will appear in Box 19 on the HCFA 1500 form.
30. Update the ICD codes under the “ICD section” on the left-hand side.
31. Add the CPT/HCPCS/CUSTOM by clicking on “+Add Line Item” at the bottom left.
32. To post an insurance payment, click on the three lines or blue plus “+” icon towards the right corresponding to the code and select the appropriate reason codes and hit on “Verify and Save” to save your changes.
33. Logs: All the changes made in this screen will be tracked under the "Logs" section.