You can send a corrected claim by following the below steps to all insurances except Medicare (Medicare does not accept corrected claims electronically).
To submit a corrected claim to Medicare, make the correction and resubmit it as a regular claim (Claim Type is Default) and Medicare will process it.
1. Hover over the Billing tab and select Live Claims Feed.
2. Search for the patient and select the from the drop-down.
3. Click on the appointment date, it will take you to the Billing Detail screen.
4. Click on the Claim Type field and select Re-submission from the drop-down. (Please note, that Medicare does not accept re-submitted claims. If you need to resend a claim to Medicare, please use the default option to avoid rejection.)
5. Check the box EDI Billing Note and enter the reason for the resubmission. (Ex: Resubmitting the CPT Code: 99213).
6. Please make sure you check the box Re-submit Claim.
7. Please select the billing status as **Bill insurance** for primary and **bill secondary** for secondary claims and click on Verify & Save.
Please note you will not be able to bill only the partial code alone that was denied.