If you haven't set up your account to electronically subscribe controlled substances, please check out this article first so you can get started.
1. When ordering a controlled substance you'll get a notification above the prescription that states what level the controlled substance is. You must enter all required fields of the script in this screen.
2. Scroll down and select a pharmacy. Please note that some will have warnings that they do not accept prescriptions for controlled substances. You can not send EPCS to these pharmacies. Click on the
3. If you have multiple offices registered for EPCS, you'll need to select the correct one from the office dropdown menu.
Then click on the blue 'Preview Prescription' button.
4. After previewing the prescription then click on the red "Ready to sign" box and while on the same screen scroll up to the green "Send Prescription" button.
5. The next screen will require your DrChrono password and the 6-digit passcode from the DUO mobile app on the provider's mobile device.
7. Once completed your prescription has now been sent successfully and verified with the green checkmark in the status column!
As part of increased security, you will receive a monthly message in your message center with a log of all EPCS related events taken in your account
You'll also be able to search for EPCS related events in your audit log by filtering EPCS type events.