If you haven't set up your account to electronically subscribe controlled substances, please check out this article first so you can get started.
1. When ordering a controlled substance you'll get a notification above the prescription that states what level the controlled substance is. You must enter all required fields of the script in this screen.
2. Scroll down and select a pharmacy by clicking on the button to the left of the desired pharmacy.
Note: Some pharmacies will have warnings that they do not accept prescriptions for controlled substances. You can not send EPCS to these pharmacies.
3. If you have multiple offices registered for EPCS, you'll need to select the correct one from the office dropdown menu.
Then click on the Preview Prescription button.
4. After previewing the prescription then click on the Ready to Sign box and while on the same screen scroll up to the green Send Prescription button.
5. The next screen will require your DrChrono password and the 6-digit passcode from the DUO mobile app on the provider's mobile device.
If you are sending a controlled substance through ID.me, you have the option to receive your code from a 6-Digit ID.Me Code or a Push Notification.
6-Digit ID.Me Code
Click here for more information sending a controlled substance with ID.me.
7. Once completed your prescription has now been sent successfully and verified with the green checkmark in the status column.
As part of increased security, you will receive a monthly message in your message center with a log of all EPCS related events taken in your account. You'll also be able to search for EPCS related events in your Audit Log (Clinical > Audit Log) by filtering EPCS type events.