Through OnPatient you can send your patient their billing statements. If you have a payment integration, for example, Square, connected to your DrChrono account, patients can also make payments through the portal.
The first step is to enable the setting to send statements to OnPatient.
1. Go to Account then select OnPatient Settings. This will take you to the OnPatient Settings page, where all patient portal-related settings are stored.
2. Click on the Communication tab. Check the Automatically send patient statements to OnPatient check box.
3. Click Update OnPatient Settings to apply your change.
4. Once this checkbox is selected, every time you send a statement through Billing > Patient Statements, a copy of the patient's statement is delivered to the patient's OnPatient portal.
Viewing Patient Statements
1. Patients will receive a notification in their email that they have a new statement.
2. After logging in to OnPatient, a PDF of the statement will be available for the patient's individual records by clicking on View, under the Billing tab