If you are seeing patients outside of your normal office location, the service location address must be disclosed in box 32 of HCFA form, along with the POS code that coordinates with the service location. This article will explain how to update this information in your office settings, so the accurate service location, Place of Service (POS) code and remit office information are all populated correctly.
- HCFA Box 24B - Blue - Place of Service (POS) code
- HCFA Box 32 - Black - Service Facility Location
- HCFA Box 33 - Green - Billing Provider Information
In DrChrono, you can set up an office for alternative locations where you provide services to patients, including assisted living facilities, the patient's home, or skilled nursing facilities among others. Once set up, when an appointment is scheduled in the assisted living facility, the correct information will automatically populate in boxes 24A (POS), 32 (Service location) and 33 (Billing provider). DrChrono makes it very simple.
To create an office and set the applicable information, follow the steps below.
1. Hover over the Account and select Offices.
2. Click on Edit corresponding to the office if existing, or the green Add New Office button if it is not already listed.
3. From the Basic tab and enter the name in the Facility Name field and the service location address. The name and address entered will appear in the Box 32 on the HCFA/1500.
4. To change the Place of Service (POS), click on the Billing Tab and select the code from the Facility Code dropdown:
If you would like the facility or another NPI to reflect on Box 32a. You will need to check the box that reads “Use facility NPI number in box 32a of HCFA form” and enter the NPI in “Facility NPI number” field.
If the field is left blank, DrChrono will retrieve the NPI from the Account > Account Settings > Billing tab > Rendering NPI field.
To input the provider number in box 32b, enter the number in Facility Provider Number field. Once you complete entering all information, click on Save at the bottom to save the changes.
Note: The facility address will reflect in HCFA form block #32 even when the office is marked POS 13.
5. Next, go to Billing > Insurance Setup.
6. Click on the pencil icon () next to the insurance.
7. Check the Send Facility Provider Number box and Save.
The number will appear in box 32b for this insurance.