By default, OnPatient online payments are disabled. If this setting is enabled, and you have an integration with Square, your patient may use a credit or debit card to make payments through the patient portal.
Enabling Patient Payments on OnPatient
1. Go to Account > Account Settings and navigate to the Patient Payments tab.
2. Click on the OnPatient section.
3. There are three settings to apply.
- Check the Allow OnPatient Payments box.
- Select Square as the OnPatient Payment Default.
- Enter an amount for the Minimum OnPatient Payment to accept.
4. Click Update Entire Profile to save your changes.
Using OnPatient Payments
Now that OnPatient Payments are enabled, if your patient enters in a credit/debit card, they will be able to make payments to their balance by selecting Make a Payment in the billing section of their patient portal.
1. Navigate to the Billing tab and click Make a Payment or, if a statement is availble, they click Pay.
2. If a card is on file, they can select the card, enter an amount and Pay. Or they can click One-time payment information.
If Square is enabled across the practice group, the patient can select the provider.
3. Enter the Card Details and Billing Details and click Pay.