Adding Images to Clinical Notes on the EHR/EMR App
By using drchrono as your EHR, you may naturally use your mobile device as an extension of your EHR. When using a mobile device, you gain the following capabilities with images:
- Take a photo or upload any image stored locally or on your EHR
- Draw and annotate directly on the image, using pen, highlighter, and text tools
- Insert the image directly into your clinical notes
- Share the image with your patient
- Fax your images
To download the EHR/EMR app, you may find the download link for your mobile device here.
To begin, you will need to insert the "freedraw" object into one or more templates (Web Browser EHR > Clinical > Builder). Find the template you wish to add your image to and drag and drop the 'Diagram' object to your desired location within your template. Once you do so, click 'Save' to save your template to the cloud.
After you hit save, start a visit using your EHR/EMR app on your mobile device.
Navigate to the template that you have freedraw inserted. If the template is a custom template, it will be found under the 'Additional' tab to your left-hand navigation bar. Once you've selected the correct template, tap on the 'Free Draw' button.
Within freedraw, tap on the camera image to take a new photo or access stored images.
At the top of the camera tool, three sections will be available for you to select:
- Camera: take a photo using your device's camera
- Library: browse from your locally stored images
- History: browse from your EHR's patient documents