Porting Your Fax Number
If you have an existing fax number you would like to use as your DrChrono fax, you may port the number so that your fax number does not change when setting up your DrChrono account. Many fax numbers can be ported to DrChrono, but not all fax numbers are available to port due to restrictions related to how your original fax is set up. DrChrono's fax service only supports porting with U.S. and Canadian numbers.
Check with your current fax carrier to see if they allow porting. Make sure the contact info they have on file is accurate. The number one reason for a delay in porting a fax line or “rejection” is that the information submitted does not match what the carrier has on file.
Note: If this fax line used for your internet service or credit card reader, do not port your number, continue to use Call Forwarding.
To port your fax, please contact a customer service agent by submitting a ticket here.
Please provide your agent with the following information:
- The number you would like to port:
- Authorizing Person:
- Your contact email address.
- Exact Name/Address (Used for billing on that account):
- Account #: (The account number with the current carrier for the number you wish to port.)
- Billing Phone #: (The contact phone number the current carrier has on file for your account.)
- The current carrier the number is associated with (eg. AT&T):