Viewing Staff Permissions in DrChrono
In DrChrono, providers have the ability to add staff accounts for their staff members. Staff accounts are independent DrChrono accounts associated with a provider and practice group and may be added free of charge. There is no limit to the quantity of staff accounts you may have. Staff accounts differ from provider accounts in that:
- Signatures on documents (clinical notes, sending e-prescriptions) are in the provider name, not the staff member name.
- Staff members are not providers and therefore may not be assigned to items that have a primary provider field, such as offices.
A full list of staff member permissions may be found under Account > Staff Permissions > Permissions Tab.
The permissions listed include:
- Create and Update Patients: Patient management permissions. Can do everything that involves entering information to a patient's chart.
- Access Scheduling: Allows user to access office settings and archive an office.
- Appointment Provider Selection: Gives user permission to access all providers when scheduling an appointment.
- Use iPad EHR: Access to mobile EHR/EMR application.
- Access to Message Center: Can execute functions in the message center, including viewing messages, assigning tasks, and faxing documents.
- Create and Update Contacts: Change contact information
- Access Clinical Notes: View clinical notes that contain confidential patient information.
- Sign/Lock Clinical Notes: Sign/Lock clinical notes. A staff member sign and locks clinical notes under the provider's name.
- Drug Interactions Check: Access interactions list for medications. Allows access to medication information.
- Access to eRx: May prescribe medications. Prescriptions for staff members are under the provider's name.
- Access Billing: View and edit billing information.
- Access Patient Analytics: Access analytical functions for patients.
- Provider Dropdown Selection: Change providers that the staff member signs for.
- View Practice Group: View practice group details.
- Share Patients: May share patients with other providers.
- Access Reports: May access reporting functions.
- Profile Settings: Access profile settings for the provider
- Export Patients: Can export patient list.
- Manage Permissions: Can change permissions associated with staff and providers.
- Manage Templates: Can change templates.
- Manage Accounts: Can change account information.
- Show Patient Balance: May view patient balances.
- Show Billing Tab: May view billing tools.
- Show Billing Summary: May see basic billing information on billing summary.
- Add New Referring Sources: May add new referral sources.
- Access Institutional Billing: Can interact with institutional claims.
- Access All Tasks for Practice Group: May edit and view tasks for practice group.
- Access all Messages for the Practice Group: Allow the user to view and interact with the tasks for their whole practice group.
- Billing Administrator: Allow the user to manage sensitive billing data.
- Access Balance/Ledger: May access financial information of practice group.
- Access Patient Payments: May access payment information for patients.
- Access Patient Statements: May access confidential patient statements.
- Request Emergency Access: May request temporary elevated permissions
All these permissions listed may be granted/denied as necessary for your practice needs. Permissions may also be assigned to staff roles to easily track and implement access levels for each staff member.