Quest Specimen Labels in DrChrono
In DrChrono, DYMO label printers can be used to print Quest Diagnostics specimen labels directly from the EHR. In order to print, you will need to install the required DYMO software.
IMPORTANT - Do not connect the printer to your computer until the software installation is complete.
1. Install the latest version of the DYMO Label Software for your computer AFTER you have installed the web browser you are going to use. Please make sure to also install the DYMO Web Service (in v8.5.3 or higher, it is installed by default). DYMO Connect for Desktop software is NOT compatible with DrChrono. Please install the latest version of DYMO Label Software v8.7.x for your platform instead.
- Windows v8.7.4
- Mac v8.7.5
The latest versions of DYMO Label Software are available for download here:
DYMO DLS FOR WINDOWS: https://s3.amazonaws.com/download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Win/DLS8Setup8.7.4.exe
DYMO DLS FOR MAC: https://download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Mac/DLS8Setup.8.7.5.dmg
DYMO DLS DOWNLOAD PAGE: https://www.dymo.com/compatibility-chart.html
Choose to install the software with the installation type "Standard". If you choose to "Customize" the install, be sure to select the DYMO Label Web Service component.
2. After installing the software, look for a DYMO icon on your desktop in the upper right-hand corner of the menu bar for macOS or the bottom right-hand corner of the system tray for Windows.
3. Restart your computer. Closing your browser is not sufficient to install the driver!
4. Right-click the DYMO icon in the menu bar again and click Diagnose.
5. This will create a pop-up, asking to open a test page. Click OK to continue.
6. A tab will open in your default browser, confirming that the DLS Web Service is running.
By installing the software, you launch a web service that listens for your printer over a specific port, with which DrChrono communicates.
For additional information, please visit the following page: DYMO Label Web Service FAQ
Once set up, DrChrono will print labels in compliance with Quest's specimen identification requirements.
Labcorp does not print labels using a DYMO printer. Instead, use a standard office printer for your Labcorp labels. Please use Labcorp 8-Label paper when printing Labcorp labels. You may request this paper from your Labcorp sales representative. The Labcorp 8-Label paper is an 8.5x11" sheet of paper on which the order requisition prints at the top and 8 labels print at the bottom in the allocated spaces with peel-off labels.