Labs can be ordered from the clinical note under the Plan section under the H&P or SOAP forms.
1. Click on the Labs tab next to 'Clinical Info'. Select +New Order and choose the lab vendor you would like to use.
3. Fill out and make selections. Fields marked with a red (*) are required.
- Select the office you are ordering the lab from. Labcorp will enter the office you select. Quest Labs will add the address they have in their system your office. This address will appear on the requisition form.
- If you have any favorite labs saved, you can select them from the Load a Favorite dropdown. To save a lab as a favorite, select Save to Favorites once you have the lab information entered. See our article here for more information.
- Select who to bill to.
- Patient is used when the patient is going to pay for the lab service.
- Doctor is used when the specimen is collected in the office and patient pays the provider and the provider pays the lab.
- Insurance is used to bill the patient's insurance. Insurance information must be entered in the patient's chart to be able to select this option.
- ICD-10 Codes from the patient's problem list will automatically populate. You can remove any codes from the list by clicking on the (X) next to the code. You can also add codes by entering them in the box.
- You can select the appointment date. By default the most recent appointment will populate.
- Any notes to the lab can be entered in this field (Optional). Note: There are some orders that require AOE (Ask at Order Entry).
- Reminder Time will send an alert to your message center to follow up with the patient if the results have not been received in the selected reminder time.
- Check the Send to Patient Service Center (for Labcorp Central Order Repository) box if you are sending the patient directly to the lab. Checking this box will remove the Collection Date and Time fields.
- If collecting the specimen in your office, enter the collection date and time in these fields.
- Tests can be entered by searching for keywords or using the the test code.
- To add another test, select Add Another Test and repeat the above step.
- After you have entered all of your tests, click Save to Favorites to save the panel for later use if this is a group of tests you would like to access quickly going forward.
- Click Send Order to send the order to the lab.
You can include the lab order in the clinical note by default by going to Account > Account Settings and clicking on the General Tab.
Scroll down to Clinical Notes and check the box for Include Lab Orders and Results. Scroll down to bottom of the screen and select Update Entire Profile to save.