You can easily integrate Bamboo Health's (formerly Appriss Health) prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP) into your DrChrono account. Bamboo Health's PMP Gateway allows you to access real-time PDMP information without having to leave DrChrono and log into another website, allowing you more time to care for your patients.
You can view which states are funded on Bamboo's site here.
Funded State Integration
1. Go to Bamboo Health's Customer Connect page here.
2. Click Create an Account in the top right-hand corner.
3. After creating an account, follow the prompts on each screen to complete the process.
- You can sign up for multiple states at the same time. On the Organization Screen, you will be prompted to provide their Facility Locations – this is a multi-select list where you can provide all of the states where you have locations and wish to integrate
- You can also purchase integration services (if needed) for non-funded states at the same time you are applying in funded states.
- Customer Connect dynamically displays the available funding and products by state
Once the state PDMP admin approves the credentials (est. 2-4 weeks), the credentials will be issued to DrChrono.
Non-Funded State Integration
1. Visit Bamboo Health's EHR integration page here.
2. States that do not offer funding will not be listed individually and you must complete the registration form on the right side of the screen.
Select DrChrono as your EHR Software Vendor.
3. Once the registration form has been completed a link will appear at the top of the screen for you to register for an informational meeting held by Bamboo Health, these occur every Wednesday at 1pm ET.
You will receive an email similar to the one below.
4. Upon attending the informational meeting, you will be directed by the Bamboo Health resource on the next steps to contract for the service.
5. Once contracting has been completed, system account credentials for use will be created and a request to query the PDMP will be sent by Bamboo Health to the state PDMP admin for review and approval.
6. Once the state PDMP admin approves the credentials (est. 2-4 weeks), the credentials will be issued to DrChrono.
Viewing the PDMP Report
You can view the PDMP reports in a patient's chart. In order to run a report on a patient, there are five required demographics that need to be recorded: First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Date of Birth, and Zip Code.
1. The First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number can be entered in the chart under the Important tab.
The Date of Birth and Zip Code can be entered under the Demographics tab.
2. To view the report go to Medication List in the patient's chart. Under the PDMP via PMP Gateway section, click View.
3. The scores from the report can be viewed to help inform patient safety and care. Click on the Explanation and Guidance link below each score for more information on the reports.
View Bamboo Health's (formerly Appriss Health) Case Study with Yale New Haven Health here.