There might be instances where you would need to separate charges on a medical claim into two separate claims for a patient, before submission to the payer. In the DrChrono EHR, we refer to this as cloning claims.
- Navigate to the Live Claims Feed (LCF) by hovering over Billing and then selecting Live Claims Feed.
- Pull up the appointment for the patient and go into the appointment details by clicking on the date of the service.
- From the appointment screen, select Clone from the top menu.
- Once you click Clone, you will see a message box where you can select which fields/options you would like to duplicate.
- All options will be selected as a default, however, you can click on any of the blue boxes/white checkmarks to unselect them.
- Once you have made your choices, just click on the blue Clone at the bottom right of the pop-up window.
This will create an exact duplicate of the original claim. You can then go in and delete/add codes to each of the appointments and bill as you need.
Please note ** the duplicate/cloned claim will NOT have the original clinical note attached**. The clinical note will remain with the original claim.
Here is a video that will walk you through cloning claims.