You can easily issue a refund for a credit card payment to a patient that you have previously processed through the Square integration in your DrChrono account.
In order to process a DrChrono Square refund you need to have:
- The Square integration connected in your DrChrono account
- Have processed a credit-card payment with Square through DrChrono's EHR web, iPad or iPhone application.
1. Go to Billing > Patient Payments
2. Select the Payments tab.
- You can search and select a patient and click Update. OR
- Click on a patient's name in the Patient Name column.
3. Click on Square underneath the Payment Method column for the payment to be refunded.
4. You will be prompted to log in to Square if not already logged in.
5. Once in Square, click Issue Refund.
6. You can select Refund Items or Refund Amount.
- With either option you have to select a Reason for Refund.
7. Click Issue Refund when finished.
8. Square will send an email regarding the refund request.
9. You will then receive an email when the refund is complete.
10. You will see the refund under Patient Payments once it has been issued by Square.