DrChrono offers a variety of ways to look at your practice created data. Two frequently used reports are the Day Sheet and the Product Procedure Report. Here's a description of each and how they could be useful in your practice.
- The Day Sheet will show you what has been posted (charges, insurance/patient payments, and insurance/patient adjustments) for a particular day or a date range. You can specify other parameters including office, and even exam room. A lot of practices use this report to balance at the end of the day and verify that all cash/payments that were received were posted. The information listed is in real time, so it can change as charges are placed on appointments and ERAs/EOBs are posted, if it fits within the parameters you selected.
The Day Sheet can be found by navigating to Billing > Day Sheet.
Once inside the report, you will have additional filters available. The red box indicates where you can specify a date range (from a single date to a max of 31 days). Once you have selected your options, click on the blue Update on the right, and the information will populate for you.
The information will display as a summary, like the example below. The default is set to land on the Grand Totals tab. You can see at a glance 4 key metrics:
- Debit - Amount of charges posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
- Credit - Amount of insurance payments posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
- Adjustment - Amount of adjustments posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
- Patient Payment - Amount of patient payments posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
For detailed information in any of these categories, just click on the blue tab that corresponds to the information you are seeking. Each will bring up all of the details (patient, date of service, amount, etc) that make up the amount shown on the summary Grand Total tab.
You can print or export the report by clicking on the green Action button on the right.
Any exported report will generate and be available in your message center.
- The Product/Procedure Report will show you what CPT/HCPCS/Custom and ICD10 codes have been billed throughout your practice, along with detailed patient information if you need to dig deeper. Offices use this report to identify the most used procedures/custom codes within their office.
The Product/Procedure Report can be found by navigating to Billing > Product/Procedure.
Once inside of the report, you will have several options to choose from. You can enter a specific code, or a date range.
If you want to know what CPT/HCPCS/Custom codes were charged for a specific date range, just leave the code field blank, make sure you select Service Date and the date range you would like and click on the blue Update on the right.
Your information will populate like the example below. It will show the CPT/HCPCS/Custom code, along with the number of times it has been charged (Units) during the date range you selected, along with the total charges.
To see which patient appointments those codes are listed on, just click on the blue code and description. The patient information, including the patient's name, date of service, provider and payer will populate.
The same works if you would like to see what ICD10 codes have been used during a certain time period. To pull up this information, first click on the ICD-10 tab at the top of the screen.
Once you select your date range (and specific ICD10, if applicable), the system will provide the information you requested. To see which appointment the particular ICD10 code is attached, just click on the actual code or description. The patient information, along with the date of service and provider will be listed.
You can export the information in the product procedure report by clicking on the gray Export button over on the right. The report will generate and be available in your message center.