Setting Up eRx in DrChrono
Registering for eRx is a an easy process that will allow you to send electronic prescriptions for your patients. DrChrono has partnered with ID.me to complete the identity verification process. To start prescribing in DrChrono, you can follow these steps to register for eRx.
Important Notes about Registering for eRx
- The setup process for eRx is also a pre-requisite for EPCS (electronic prescription of controlled substances). You must be on a paid plan type to have the option to e-prescribe medications.
- If you are using another EHR to send prescriptions (new and refills), registering for eRx in DrChrono will disable refills with your previous vendor. For continuity of refill prescription orders, the eRx request set up should not be submitted until you are ready to stop using your previous vendor and have all e-prescribing flow through DrChrono.
- It is also important to note that the eRx identity verification process must be completed on the web version of DrChrono. While your iOS or Android device will be involved in the process, DrChrono's EHR web app is required from beginning to completion of the process.
- As a best practice, we recommend that you set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the registration process.
Navigating to the eRx Setup Portal
1. To begin the eRx setup process, go to Account in your DrChrono navigation bar and select Account Settings.
2. Navigate to the eRx Info tab and click on the Verify with ID.me button.
3. Enter the office information in the Additional eRx Info Required (all fields are required) and click Next.
4. Next you will be prompted to sign in to ID.Me. You can sign in with, Google, FaceBook or LinkedIn Or Create an ID.me account.
5. You will be given the option to secure your account with a Push Notification the Code Generator through the ID.me Authenticator app which can be downloaded to your tablet or smartphone. We will look at the Push Notification.
6. Enter your number in the space provided and click Continue.
7. You will receive a link to download the application via email or text. Click on this link.
8. Tap Yes to approve the sign in.
9. You will receive a confirmation message. Click Continue.
10. The next step involves verifying your identity. For the purpose of this article, we will go through the Answering questions about your credit history option.
11. Enter all the required information and click Continue.
12. Enter your number to verify your identity with a text message or phone call.
13. Confirm all of your information and click Continue.
14. Finally, you will be asked to verify information based on your credit history and Continue.
15. You will be sent a link to confirm your phone.
16. Next, click Begin to the medical identity verification process.
17. Enter your individual NPI number and Continue.
18. Confirm the information and Continue.
19. Once you have been verified, ID.me will send your information to DrChrono to finish the process. Click Allow.
Note: Clicking Deny will not complete the process and you will not be able to prescribe.
20. After you have answered completed the process, your information will be verified and synced with Surescripts. The processing time for your request may take 1-3 business days. When your request is processed, you will have completed the eRx setup and be able to e-prescribe from DrChrono.
Do you write prescriptions for controlled substances? If so, after you have completed the eRx registration, you can move on to register for EPCS here.
For support and information on ID.me, please visit ID.me's support page.