DrChrono has partnered with ID.me to provide registration and identity verification for eRx and EPCS registration, beginning 10/31/2020. Completing the eRx registration process is a prerequisite for EPCS registration.
As a best practice, we recommend that you set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the registration process.
It is also important to note that the EPCS identity verification process must be completed on the web version of DrChrono. While your iOS or Android device will be involved in the process, DrChrono's EHR web app is required from beginning to completion of the process.
Navigating to the eRx Setup Portal
1. To begin the eRx setup process, go to Account in your DrChrono navigation bar and select Account Settings.
2. Navigate to the eRx Info tab and click on the Verify with ID.me button.
3. You will be signed in to ID.me and will need to approve the sign-in from the ID.me Authenticator app. Tap Yes on the app to proceed.
4. Click Begin to start the EPCS registration process.
5. Enter your individual NPI and DEA numbers along with the corresponding state and schedules. Click Continue when finished.
6. Confirm the information and Continue.
7. Once of you have been verified, ID.me will send your information to DrChrono to finish the process. Click Allow.
Note: Clicking Deny will not complete the process and you will not be able to prescribe controlled substances.
8. After returning to DrChrono, you will need to complete two more tasks.
- Select 2 people, like staff members, to verify your identity. If there is already another provider who has completed the eRx and EPCS registration in the practice, that individual must be one of the 2 people to confirm your identity. Check the box next to their names and click Update Entire Profile. They will receive a message in the message center in DrChrono to complete the process. See note below for example.
- Click Select as the primary device next to the device used for registration.
Note: When the message is received in the message center to confirm the identity of the provider, click on the Confirmation Page link.
Check the box and click Confirm Identity.
9. When both of your choices confirm your identity, you're done with the verification process!
Once you have completed these steps, a ticket is created in DrChrono to activate your EPCS feature. This process usually takes 1-3 business days. As soon as the process is completed we will notify you through the email registered to your DrChrono account to let you know you're ready to e-prescribe controlled substances.
Please refer to this article for information on how to prescribe controlled substances:
For support and information on ID.me, please visit ID.me's support page.