You can add easily gender identity and sexual orientation to a patient's chart in the demographics section.
1. First enable this feature on your account.
- Go to Account > Account Settings and select the General tab.
- Scroll down to the Meaningful Use section.
- Uncheck the Hide Gender & Identity dropdowns for DrChrono web and OnPatient/check-in applications box.
- Scroll down and select Update Entire Profile
To disable this feature, check the Hide Gender & Identity dropdowns for DrChrono web and onpatient/check-in applications box and scroll down and click Update Entire Profile.
2. Next Navigate to the patient's chart by going to Patients > Patient List and selecting the patient or Search for a patient's name.
3. Once in the chart, select the Demographics section on the left if it is not already selected. Next, select the Demographics tab and navigate to the Gender Identity dropdown menu.
4. Select the option from the menu.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save Demographics.
6. The Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation options will also appear in the check-in process with OnPatient.