You can easily document the COVID-19 vaccine in a patient's chart under the immunizations section.
1. Navigate to the patient's chart by going to Patients > Patient List or by using the Search field.
2. Select Immunizations from the left and then select Other.
3. Scroll down and find COVID-19 on the list.
4. Select the appropriate vaccine from the list. CDC information on the CVX codes can be found here.
- Moderna - 100 mcg/0.5 mL dose CVX Code: 207
- Pfizer BioTech - 30 mcg/0.3 mL dose CVX Code: 208
- AstraZeneca - vector-nr, rS-ChAdOx1, PF, 0.5 ml CVX Code 210
5. Once you have the desired vaccine, click Select Vaccine.
6. Next you can Upload a consent form or have the patient Sign a consent form.
Once you have selected the consent option, you will be taken to the next step.
7. On the next page, you can enter all of the relevant information like the CPT Code to document the first or second dose Mark the Vaccination Status and click Save.
8. You will see message stating the record has been created.
You can also view/edit the information under the Immunizations section of the patient's chart.
9. You can download an HL7 Record or print a copy of the Immunization.
COVID-19 Vaccine CPT Code Information
Newly Available COVID-19 CPT Codes:
91300 - Moderna Vaccine
0001A - Moderna - Vaccine Administration - Dose 1
0002A - Moderna - Vaccine Administration - Dose 2
91301 - Pfizer Vaccine
0011A - Pfizer - Vaccine Administration - Dose 1
0012A - Pfizer - Vaccine Administration - Dose 2
91302 - AstraZeneca Vaccine
0021A - AstraZeneca - Vaccine Administration - Dose 1
0022A - AstraZeneca - Vaccine Administration - Dose 2
For more information on COVID-19 Vaccine CPT codes, click here.