DrChrono has partnered with ID.me to provide registration and identity verification for eRx and EPCS registration. All DrChrono users currently on DUO will need to migrate to ID.me in order to be able to continue to use the EPCS feature in DrChrono.
As a best practice, we recommend that you set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the registration process.
It is also important to note that the EPCS identity verification process must be completed on the web version of DrChrono. While your iOS or Android device will be involved in the process, DrChrono's EHR web app is required from beginning to completion of the process.
1. Navigate to the eRx Info tab and click on the Verify with ID.me button.
2. Next you will be prompted to sign in to ID.Me. You can sign in with: Google, FaceBook or LinkedIn, Or Create an ID.me account.
3. You will be given the option to secure your account with a Push Notification the Code Generator through the ID.me Authenticator app which can be downloaded to your tablet or smartphone. We will look at the Push Notification.
4. Enter your number in the space provided and click Continue.
5. You will receive a link to download the application via email or text. Click on this link.
6. Tap Yes to approve the sign in.
7. You will receive a confirmation message. Click Continue.
8. The next step involves verifying your identity. For the purpose of this article, we will go through the Answering questions about your credit history option.
9. Enter all the required information and click Continue.
10. Enter your number to verify your identity with a text message or phone call.
11. Confirm all of your information and click Continue.
12. Finally, you will be asked to verify information based on your credit history and Continue.
13. You will be sent a link to confirm your phone.
14. Click Begin to start the EPCS registration process.
15. Enter your individual NPI and DEA numbers along with the corresponding state. Click Continue when finished.
16. Confirm the information and Continue.
17. Once of you have been verified, ID.me will send your information to DrChrono to finish the process. Click Allow.
18. After returning to DrChrono, you will need to click Select as the primary device next to the device used for registration.
Once you have completed these steps, a ticket is created in DrChrono to activate your EPCS feature. This process usually takes 1-3 business days. As soon as the process is completed we will notify you through the email registered to your DrChrono account to let you know you're ready to e-prescribe controlled substances.
Please refer to this article for information on how to prescribe controlled substances:
For support and information on ID.me, please visit ID.me's support page.