Through DrChrono's EHR App you can connect with your patients with our telehealth feature. You can schedule and conduct video visits easily all on the app.
In this article we will look at:
Scheduling Video Visits
On the appointment screen on the app, you will easily see your video visits scheduled. Underneath the patient's appointment information on the left, you will see Video Visit. Non-telehealth appointments will not have this text. For example, the first appointment below is an in-person appointment and the other two appointments are telehealth.
1. Tap the () icon to schedule an appointment. Select Create Video Visit. Search for the patient you need and Schedule Appointment.
2. You can also change the appointment type to Video Visit. Select the appointment and navigate to the Appointment Options ()menu and select Reschedule / Edit Appointment. Select the Appointment Type and choose Video Visit. Navigate Back and Save.
Completing a Video Visit
1. Once you are ready for the telehealth appointment with your patient, select the appointment and Start Video Visit.
2. Select Start Video Visit to launch the visit. Once the patient has joined, you can easily conduct the visit. You can use the () button to turn on and off your device's microphone. Similarly the () will turn your camera on an off. You can use the back camera by tapping the ( ) icon.
3. The menu icon ( ) gives you access to video visit information, taking a screenshot for patient documents, and consent forms
a. Video Visit Information allows you to resend the visit links to the patient if needed.
b. Save Screenshot allows you to take a screenshot of your patient and save it to the patient's chart in their documents.
c. Consent Forms allows you to assign uploaded consent forms to the visit for the patient to sign.
4. You can also access the patient menu during the visit to review patient information or send a prescription. The patient will not see this menu. They will continue to see their provider on their device.
5. When finished, select End. You will be taken back to video visit start screen. Select Close to return to the appointment information screen.