Ordering DME in DrChrono is a similar process to sending a prescription.
1. Navigate to the patient's chart to the Send eRx page. Select Supply.
2. In the medication box, you can search for DME.
3. Fill out the rest of the fields. Additionally, you can add this item to your favorites by checking the Add to Favorites box.
After adding the DME order to your favorites, you can find it in your favorites list.
4. Once the DME order is filled out and the pharmacy selected, select Preview Prescription.
5. You can then print, fax or send the order electronically.
In the event you are unable to find the desired DME in the Supply menu, you can create an order using the compound medication menu to print out or fax for the patient.
1. Select Compound on the prescription page. You can free type the order in the medication text field. Additionally, you can add this prescription to your favorites list for future use.
2. Select Preview Prescription.
3. You can then print, fax or send the order electronically.