You can export or download a single patient's CCDA file from their chart. You can also share it with them through OnPatient or send it to another provider through Direct Messaging. For more information on how the data in the CCDA is populated, see our article here.
1. Navigate to the patient's chart and select Clinical Dashboard from the options on the left.
2. Under the Clinical Summary dropdown, there are options to download, share, and export the CCDA file.
3. Select the option that best fits your needs.
- Download PDF will send the file to the Message Center () for you to view, download or print.
- Download C-CDA XML will download the file to your computer.
- Display C-CDA XML show the file in a web-viewable format similar to the PDF option.
- Customize Clinical Summary allows you to select which data elements you would like to include in the summary. You can export it as an XML or PDF file.
- Send to OnPatient will send the CCDA file in a PDF format for the patient to download from their messages after logging in to their OnPatient account.
- Send Direct Message sends the summary to another provider as long as both accounts have Direct Messaging enabled. See our articles on setting up and sending Direct Messages.