Square refunds are started in DrChrono but need to be processed through the Square dashboard. For more information on processing refunds in Square, see Square's resources here.
To issue a refund through Square, navigate to the Patient Payments section and select the patient to issue the refund.
1. Once the patient is selected, click on the Square hyperlink to be taken to your Square dashboard.
2. After you log in, select Issue Refund.
3. You will have the option to Refund Items or Refund Amount.
To Refund Items check the box(es) to select the items. Click Refund Items to issue the refund.
To Refund Amount, enter an amount and select a reason. Click Refund Amount to issue the refund.
4. You will see information in you Square dashboard about the refund.
You will receive an email about the refund.
5. After the refund has processed, it will appear in your DrChrono account.