DrChrono provides several ways to process patient payments. This article will provide the resources for you to familiarize yourself with the different options so you can set your office up to efficiently process patient payments.
The three main areas include:
In-house Payment Options
Below are resources that will provide you with a breakdown of DrChrono's in-house patient payment system Billing > Patient Payments.
- Collecting a Posting a Payment in the Appointment Screen
- Patient Payments 2.0
- Deleting a Payment in the Patient Payments System
- Patient Payments: AutoFill
- Patient Payments: Understanding Balances
- Patient Payments: Refunds
- How do I apply discounts?
OnPatient, our patient portal, offers the ability to send statements and collect payments. Below are some articles that cover your options for payments. See our article on OnPatient Basics for a quick look at the patient portal.
- Enabling Patient Payments in OnPatient
- Automatically Sending Statements to OnPatient
- Adding a Credit or Debit Card in OnPatient (must be connected to the payment processor to use)
Integrated Payment Partner
DrChrono has an integrated payment processor that will allow you to process credit cards for patient payments.
DrChrono Payments -
Features that work with our integrated payment processor
You can use some of DrChrono's tools to facilitate the process of automating adding charges to an appointment. Using both appointment and billing profiles, you can set up charges for appointments scheduled. You can also use appointment and billing profiles in conjunction with recurring appointments to set up recurring charges.
- Appointment Profiles
- Billing Profiles
- Connecting Billing and Appointment Profiles
- Recurring Appointments