As you build your institutional claim for services rendered, you will need to add revenue codes to each charge line. This will combine charges by category.
Revenue codes can be added first to your fee schedule, and then to each patient encounter. Once they are added to your fee schedule, they will only need to be updated when your fee changes.
To first add them to your fee schedule, follow the instructions here.
To add them to a patient's invoice:
- Navigate to Billing > Live Claims Feed > inside patient's appointment, Line Item Transaction section
- Click on "+ Add Line Item"
- Enter the revenue code in the box identified with the blue arrow
- The price will populate if the code has been added to your fee schedule.
- Once entered on the patient's claim, they will populate in box 42 on the UB04.